Harrison County Arts Annual
ELIGIBILITY / HOW TO ENTER:
Harrison County Arts will be hosting the Harrison County Arts Annual, a competitive exhibition open to Artists 18 years or older, who are current residents of Harrison, Floyd, or Clark Indiana counties and residents of Louisville, Kentucky. There is an entry fee of $20.00 for up to 2 works for consideration.
- Deadline for receipt of entries (September 6, 2023)
- Judging (September 7), notification of Jury decisions via email (September 7)
- Drop off dates (September 8 – 12 by 12pm)
- Opening reception (September 16, 5:30 – 7:30)
- Exhibition dates (September15 – November 11)
- Artist pick-up dates (November 11, 12, 13).
ELIGIBLE WORK (SPECIFICATIONS)
All 2D work must be suitably framed and/or finished and ready for hanging, must be ready for exhibition. All 3D work must be stable and safe while sitting on a platform or a pedestal. Width and height of the work, no dimension larger than 60”, 100 pounds or less. Plexiglass for all works on paper. Note: The Harrison County Arts Exhibition Installation Committee reserves the right to determine whether works are ready for display.
Works must be for sale, with a 40% commission retained for nonmembers and 30% for members. Works must be original and produced by the entrant. Works must have been completed within the last three years. Works must comply with copyright standard.
Kacey Slone – Harrison County Arts Gallery Manager
Kacey was raised in a cornfield in Southern Indiana. She received a MFA in Intermedia at the University of Texas at Arlington. Her work investigates identity, memory, and how place affects one’s belonging. By using familiar objects, Slone hopes to connect with others through collective memory. Kacey teaches at Indiana University Southeast and works as a gallery manager for Harrison County Arts and the Pat Harrison Fine Art + Design Gallery.
- Best of Show – 2024 Solo Exhibition, and 1 year Artist membership.
- First Place – Shared Two person exhibit with 2nd, and 1 year Artist membership.
- Second Place – 1 year Artist member
Permission to reproduce works for publicity is considered granted. Every reasonable effort will be made to protect the safety of all works.
- Each entry must be represented by digital images: 300 dpi (pixels/inch); jpeg OR tiff format; CMYK OR RGB; largest dimension must be 7 inches (pixel dimension 2100). Images can be submitted online along with completed entry form and fee.
- Artists are encouraged to remove frames and matting for photography and to mask out any extraneous background that might impact the jurors’ ability to view the image.
- Digital files must be identified by Artist’s name.
- For two entries, a $20 non-refundable processing fee payable to Harrison County Arts drawn on a U.S. bank must accompany the entry form, OR the fee may be charged to American Express, Discover, Mastercard, or Visa.
- Your canceled check or credit card charge will be notification of Harrison County Arts receipt of your entry.
- All submitting artists will be notified by email of selection decisions. No selection decisions will be released over the telephone or via postal service.
- Images of artwork selected for display will be retained by Harrison County Arts.
- Harrison County Arts reserves the right not to display any selected work that does not correspond to the quality or configuration indicated in the submitted images.